Any appliance that you have in your home needs regular and thorough cleaning and maintenance to keep working efficiently. Apart from having a schedule to clean the appliances, you must also be well aware of the right procedures to clean the appliances.
Here, we are going to discuss about cleaning washing machine through different cost-effective methods with home based items:
After each wash, you must run an empty machine cycle using water only to remove any detergent and any other residue. This helps to clean the interior of the wash off any particles which may lead to clogging. After that, use a damp cloth to clean the exterior of the machine. Keep the door of the machine slightly open for a couple of minutes to allow the air to dry out the machine.
Vinegar is one of the best cleaning agents that is applicable for a lot of cleaning purposes around the home. It helps to kill mildew and disinfect. It also works in dissolving soap residue and lime deposits. Make sure to wash the machine using vinegar once a week or once every two weeks (depending on your washing frequency).
- After washing the clothes, add hot water to the washer, set to largest load and then add 3-4 cups of white vinegar in the water along with half cup of baking soda.
- Run the machine cycle as usual. It will break down the dirt particles and grease and also clean up the hoses. It will make the machine odour-free.
- Drain the water and then wipe down the interior of the washer with a damp cloth which will clean any remaining stain.
- If the machine has a bleach dispenser compartment, then fill it with bleach. And if the washer doesn’t have dispenser then add one and a half cup of bleach in the tup that is filled with hot water. Make sure to bleach clean once every month.
- Rn a full washer cycle and the bleach added hot water will loosen any grease and oils, along with sanitising the tub from inside.
- After the first cycle, give a half-hour break before the second cycle to let the bleach completely clean the washer from inside. Run the second cycle and it will completely clean the washer of any residue, grease, oil or so.
- You can also consider running a rinse cycle that will clean any residual bleach inside the washer.
These are some easy and effective methods that you must adopt in a scheduled manner to help keep your washing machine clean and working efficiently for a longer duration.